Trying not to look at someone famous sitting next to me

How famous does someone need to be before it’s awkward? I feel awkward – does he? I can’t help looking over; I want to know what he is wearing, what he’s has ordered and which coffee he prefers. But I don’t know why...
Will it give me some sort of insight into the behaviours that result in success? Unlikely. I guess I’ve started well by being in the same café. The fact that he is eating in here suggests he lives nearby. So I am living in the right neighbourhood, in the right city.

Can he feel my eyes on the back of his head? Does he notice that I am staring? I can’t help it. No one else in the café is looking at him. Maybe he’s here all the time and everyone has grown used to him. Or maybe everyone else is more discrete than I am. Do people ask him for his autograph? What would I get signed? My notebook? That would be a bit strange, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment